ISLAMABAD DECLARATION OF THE 34TH MEETING OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Islamabad, Islamic Republic of Pakistan
7- 8 September, 2015
We, members of the Executive Committee of Parliamentary Union of the OIC Members States (PUIC), participants in the 34thMeeting of the Executive Committee, held on Monday 07 and Tuesday, 08thSeptember 2015 corresponding to 23 and 24 Zil-Qadh 1436 A.H., in Islamabad, capital city of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, upon the kind invitation extended by the National Assembly of Pakistan, DECLARE the following:
Recalling the injunctions of Almighty Allah that emphasize on the consultations (Mushawirah) and Muslim Brotherhood on the basis of which PUIC had been founded.
Praising PUIC’s efforts in preserving Islamic values and supporting the Member Parliaments in every possible way to serve their common political, economic, and social interests through a joint platform.
Stressing our commitment and responsibility to join hands to develop a coherent strategy to counter terrorism and violent extremism, and calling for condemnation of terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
DO HEREBY RESOLVE:
1. To reaffirm support to the steadfastness and determination of the Palestinian people to confront the Israeli aggression with all possible means to recover their occupied territories and reiterating support to the just struggle of the Palestinian people for their right to self-determination and establishment of an independent Palestinian state with Al-Quds Al-Sharif as its capital.
2. To reiterate PUIC’s continued support for Pakistan in its efforts against terrorism and acknowledging the sacrifices of 65,000 Pakistanis who lost their lives in this struggle for global peace and stability.
3. To call for a peaceful solution of the Jammu and Kashmir issue in line with the UN Security Council resolutions and aspirations of the people of Kashmir, supporting Pakistan’s principled stance on Kashmiris’ right to self-determination and expressing concern over the human rights violations by Indian forces in occupied Jammu & Kashmir.
4. To reiterate the support and assistance for the Iraqi people encountering terrorism as well as to support Iraq to liberate all its territories from the hold of terrorists.
5. To remind the international community for addressing the root causes of terrorism which spread deprivation, frustration, and ignite violence.
6. To denounce unprovoked firing by the Indian side across the Line of Control and Working Boundary which is sheer violation of the Ceasefire Agreement between Pakistan and India; and condemning massive civilian casualties along LOC including women, children and the elderly.
7. To condemn the continued Israeli aggression and tyrannical attitude against Palestinian population and denouncing occupation of the Syrian Golan and the Lebanese lands.
8. To extend support to Muslim minorities in non-Muslim states for exercise of their basic rights and freedom, and ensuring freedom of belief and the rights of political, civil, economic, social and cultural practices of these minorities.
9. To emphasize the important role of OIC in protecting interests of Muslim Ummah on issues such as Islamophobia, defamation of religion, and treatment of Muslims particularly in non-Muslim countries.
10. To express grave concern over the serious implications of rapid environmental and climate change; and calling for PUIC member states’ attention to give this issue due priority by adopting requisite measures to achieve environmental sustainability.
Members of the Executive Committee of Parliamentary Union of the OIC Members States (PUIC) expressed gratitude to the National Assembly of Pakistan for providing a congenial and appropriate environment for discussion on challenges faced by Muslim Ummah in current times. They also thanked the PUIC Secretary General and Staff of the General Secretariat for their consistent efforts to serve the objectives of the Union.