KHARTOUM – REPUBLIC OF THE SUDAN
18 – 19 JANUARY, 2013
VENUE: AFRICA HALL -FRIENDSHIP HALL - INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CENTRE, KHARTOUM
FRIDAY 18 JANUARY, 2013: FROM 09.00 TO 12.30 hrs.
FROM 17.00 TO 20.00 hrs.
SATURDAY 19 JANUARY, 2013: FROM 17.00 TO 20.00 hrs.
1.Election of the Rapporteur of the Standing Specialized Committee on Economic Affairs and Environment.
2. Impact of globalization upon the economies of developing countries and particularly on Islamic Countries.
3. Taking joint Islamic action to face the effects of the Global financial crisis;
4. Negative impacts of unilateral and multilateral economic sanctions on peoples of Member States on which sanctions are imposed.
5. Famine in Somalia,
6. Importance of international parliamentary cooperation in the face of natural disasters, especially in the framework of extending relief to the victims.
7. Assisting Chad and Niger to face the effects of natural disasters (such as floods)
8. Considering the "Document on Economic Cooperation" to encourage intra-cooperation between Islamic States.
9. Energizing and supporting activities of economic institutions active in the field of development in the Islamic World.
10. Paying attention to environmental issues, and dealing with the requirements of sustainable development.
11. Assisting Muslim States in combating the effects of desertification, especially in African Sahel States.
12. Cooperation in the field of water resources in Member States.
13. Raising the awareness of importance of naturel resources.