KHARTOUM – REPUBLIC OF THE SUDAN
18 – 19 JANUARY, 2013
1. The Standing Specialized Committee on Women, Social and Cultural Affairs held its 1st Meeting in Khartoum – Republic of the Sudan on 18 January, 2013. The Committee elected H.E. Imam Mbaye Niang, Representative of the National Assembly of the Republic of Senegal to chair the Meeting as a Rapporteurr.
2. The Meeting was attended by Their Excellencies:
- H.E. Mr. Abderrahmane Ould MINI, Representative of Mauritania.
- H.E. Dr. Sheikh Abdullah bin Mohammed Al Sheikh Representative of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Representative of Bahrain was absent
- Representative of Republic of Lebanon was absent.
- H.E. Mohammad Ali Abdollah Zadeh, Representative of Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Hon. Mustafa Assegaf, Representative of Indonesia.
- Hon. Hasbi Habibollah, Representative of Malaysia.
- H.E. Mr. Ihsan OZKES, Representative of Turkey.
- H.E. Mahamat Bazingue Anne, Representative of Republic of Chad
- H.E. Filly Keita, Representative of Mali
- H.E. M. Mohamed DIEDHIOU, Representative of Senegal.
- H.E. Hon. Djobo Nassara, Representative of Republic of Togo
The following also participated in the meeting from Member Parliament of the Committee:-
- Hon. Hafiz A. Qayom Nooristani Representative of Islamic Republic of AFGHANISTAN
- Hon. Mohamed M. Diasso, Representative of Burkina Faso
- H.E. Mr. Ezzeldin Abdelwahab Hasan, Representative of the Arab Republic of Egypt
- H.E. Mr. Walid Abboud, Representative of the Islamic Republic of Iraq
- Hon. Mohamed Cheikh Biadillah, Representative of Kingdom of Morocco
- Hon. Sadia Idis Issa, Representative of Somalia
- Hon. Mr. Abdullah Ahmed Aldini, Representative of Yemen
3. H.E. Secretary General opened the proceeding of the Committee and welcomed the members wishing success to their deliberation. Then he delegated Mr. Zahid Hassan Qureshi, PUIC Director for Conferences to represent the PUIC General Secretariat.
4. The Meeting reviewed the Agenda and discussed its eleven (11) items. The discussion included intervention by the members which led in conclusion to the adoption of the enclosed resolutions for submission and adoption by the PUIC Conference.