7 February 2016 - PUIC Desk
- The Session was held in Baghdad, Republic of Iraq on 20-25 January 2015, corresponding to 9 – 14 Rabi ul Thani, 1437.
- 31 PUIC Member Parliaments participated in the Session, represented by (10) Speakers of Parliaments, (5) Deputy Speakers, and Heads of Delegations. The Session was also attended by Observers and Guests as well as a number of members of the Iraqi Council of Representatives, and the media.
- H.E. Dr. Muhammad Fouad Ma’asoum, President of the Republic of Iraq, H.E. Dr. Haider Al-Abadi, Prime Minister of Iraq, H.E. Mr. Salim Abdullah Al-Jabouri, Speaker of the august Iraqi Council of Representatives, attended the inaugural session of the Conference. The inaugural session was addressed by:
o H.E. Mr. Ismael KAHRAMAN, Speaker of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey and President of the Tenth Session of the PUIC Conference,
o H.E. Dr. Salim Al-Jabouroi, Speaker of the Council of Representatives of Iraq and President of the 11th PUIC Conference,
o H.E. Dr. Mohammad Foad Ma’asoum, President of the Republic of Iraq
o H.E. Dr. Haidar Al-Abadi, Prime Minister of the Republic of Iraq
o H.E. Professor Dr. Mahmud Erol KILIC, PUIC Secretary General
- The 11th Conference adopted the following:
o The 11th Conference was preceded by the fourth meetings of the four Standing Specialized Committees:
Committee on Political Affairs and Foreign Relations
Committee on Economic Affairs and Environment
Committee on Human Rights, Women and Family
Committee on Cultural and Legal Affairs and Dialogue among Civilizations and Religions.
o Rapporteurs of the above committees submitted their draft reports and resolutions to the 11th Conference for consideration and adoption.
o Request by the Parliamentary Assembly of The Economic Cooperation Organization (PAECO) to obtain observer status at the PUIC.
o The PUIC Charter on Combating Terrorism and Extremism.
o Report of the 18th Session of the PUIC General Committee,
o Report of the Sixth Meeting of the Permanent Committee on Palestine
o Report of 5th Session of Muslim Women Parliamentarians
o Report of Consultative Meeting of the Secretaries General
o The PUIC Conference nominated members of the PUIC General Committee for the year 2016, members of the PUIC Executive Committee for the year 2016 and Members of the Standing Specialized Committees for the year 2016.
o The Conference welcomed the invitation of the National Assembly of Mauritania to host the extraordinary session of the Muslim women Parliamentary in Nouakchott on 20 April 2016.
- The Speaker of the National Assembly of the Republic of Mali has renewed the invitation of his Assembly to host the 12th Session of the PUIC Conference, in Bamako, Capital of Mali, early next year 2017.
- The invitation extended by the august House of Representatives of the Republic of Indonesia to host the 12th Session of the PUIC Conference, due to be held in early 2018 was accepted.
- The invitation extended by the august Assembly of People’s Representatives of the Republic of Tunisia to host the 36th Meeting of the PUIC Executive Committee in June 2016 was accepted.
- The Conference adopted its Final Report, Baghdad Declaration and Final Communique.