31 January 2018 - PUIC Desk
- In response to a kind invitation extended by H.E. Dr. Ali Larijani, Speaker of the Islamic Parliament of the Islamic Republic of Iran, the proceedings of the 13th Session of the PUIC Conference were held in Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran on 16 – 17 January, 2018, as well as related meetings which took place during the period from 13 to 15 January, 2018.
- The Inaugural session was honoured by H.E. Dr. Hassan Rouhani, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Their Excellencies the Speakers and delegations of the august Member Parliaments from 42 Parliaments, comprising of 15 Speakers and 13 Deputy Speakers. The Session was also attended by a large number of Their Excellencies the Ministers, Politicians, members of the Diplomatic Corps accredited to Tehran, and a number of the members of the Islamic Parliament of Iran, as well as the media.
The inaugural session was addressed by:
• H.E. Mr. Issaka Sidibe President of the 12th Session of the PUIC Conference
• H.E. Dr. Ali Larijani, Speaker of the Islamic Parliament of Iran, and the President of the 13th Session of the PUIC Conference in a Welcoming Speech
• H.E. Dr. Hassan Rouhani, the Honourable President of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
• Speech of H.E. Prof. Dr. Mahmud Erol Kilic, PUIC Secretary General.
• Members of the Bureau were elected as follows: -
1. Vice President: H.E. Mr. Sonli IDI (National Assembly of the Republic of Niger from African Group).
2. Vice President: H.E. Mr. Mohammad Al-Sheikh (National Assembly of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania from the Arab Group).
3. Rapporteur: H.E. Dr. Kazim Jalali (from the Islamic Parliament of Iran).
• Adoption of The Report of The 20th Session of The PUIC General Committee
• Consideration and Adoption of The Reports and Resolutions Submitted by The Specialized Standing Committees:
1. Sixth Meeting of the PUIC Standing Specialized Committee on Political Affairs and Foreign Relations.
2. Sixth Meeting of the PUIC Standing Specialized Committee on Economic Affairs and Environment.
3. Sixth Meeting of the PUIC Standing Specialized Committee on Human Rights, Women and Family Affairs.
4. Sixth Meeting of the PUIC Specialized Committee on Cultural and Legal Affairs and Dialogue of Civilizations and Religions.
• Consideration and Adoption of The Reports and Resolutions Submitted By The Subsidiary Committees:
1. Eighth Meeting of the Standing Committee on Palestine.
2. Seventh Session of the Conference of Muslim Women Parliamentarians
3. Meeting of the Association of Secretaries General
Election of the PUIC Secretary General:
H.E. Mr. Sheikh Mouhamed Khouraichi Niasse has been elected as the new PUIC Secretary General. He will assume the duties of his post on 1st August, 2018. His Excellency delivered a brief speech thanking the members who had confidence in him, and then was sworn before the Conference.
Re-election of the PUIC Assistant Secretary General for a new term of office:
H.E. Ambassador Ali Asghar Mohammadi Sijani was re-elected as PUIC Assistant Secretary General. His Excellency was sworn before the Conference.
- The PUIC Conference adopted the Nominations members for the General Committee, Executive Committee, Specialized Standing Committees (Committee on Political Affairs and Foreign Relations, Committee on Economic Affairs and Environment, Committee on Human Rights, Women and Family, Committee on Cultural and Legal Affairs and Dialogue of Civilizations and Religions) for 2018.
- The offer made by the House of Representatives of the Kingdom of Morocco to host the 14th PUIC Conference early next year 2019 was approved.
- The offer made by the august National Assembly of Burkina Faso to host the 15th PUIC Conference in early 2020 was approved.
- The offer made by the National Assembly of the Republic of Senegal to host the 40th Meeting of the PUIC Executive Committee was approved.
- Tehran Declaration and the Final Communique were adopted.