Prof. Dr. Mahmud Erol KILIC
(Istanbul 1961; married)
University Professor at Marmara University,
Secretary General of the Parliamentary Union of the OIC Member States (PUIC)
Turkish, English, Arabic, Persian and French (reading).
- University of Istanbul, Faculty of Political Sciences, 1985 (Graduate).
- Marmara University, MA. In Islamic Philosophy (1989).
- Marmara University, Ph.D. in Islamic Gnosis and Philosophy (1995).
- President, Islamic Antiquities Museum in Istanbul (since 2005).
- Chairman of The Board, The Islamic Manuscript Association, Center of Middle Eastern & Islamic Studies, University of Cambridge (since 2006).
- University Professor; (since 2004) Marmara University, Faculty of Islamic Theology.
- Associate Professor; (1998–2004) Marmara University, Faculty of Islamic Theology.
- Assistant Professor; (1988 - 1998) Marmara University, Faculty of Islamic Theology.
- Editor-in-Chief, Insan Publication (since 1987).
TASKS AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF SPECIAL IMPORTANCE:
- Coordinator, Head of Scientific Committee for International Rumi Conference, (May 8-12, 2007 Istanbul & Konya).
- Coordinator, Head of Scientific Committee of International Islamic Manuscript Conference in Istanbul (5-7 June 2008).
- Representative of Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Turkey in the Project of Cooperation of Civilizations.
- Representative of Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Turkey in International Conference on Tourism, Religions and Dialogue of Cultures UNWTO, Cordoba, Spain, 29-31 October 2007.
- Speaker in International Rumi celebrations including in the center of United Nations in New York and UNESCO Center in Paris. Other places were:
- Mexico City,Mexico.
- Chicago, Millennium Park, USA.
- New York, United Nations, USA.
- Paris, UNESCO, France.
- London, Codegan Hall, England.
- Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Geneva, Switzerland.
- Damascus, Syria.
- His book on The Poetics of Ottoman Poetry awarded as the book of the year by Turkish Writer Association in 2004.
- Medal of Honor by Uludag University (2003).
- Medal of Honor by Marmara University (1998).
1- In the Encyclopedia of Man of Culture and Literature of Turkey, ed. by Ihsan Isik, vol.5, p.2167, Ankara 2006.
Black belt I. Dan in Nanbudo style of Karate-do, 1979.
1- Hermes and Hermetic Thought According to Muslim Thinkers, Istanbul 1987.
2- Idea and Levels of Existence, Istanbul 1997.
3- Poetics of Ottoman Poetry, Istanbul 2004; 9.print 2011.
4- Travel to Origin: Conversations with Mahmud Erol KILIC, prepared by Sadık Yalsızucanlar, Istanbul 2008.
SOME OF HIS PUBLISHED ARTICLES:
He wrote a number of articles in Arabic, Persian, English, French and Turkish.